During the 1940s and 1950s, Ellinor Village was the largest family resort in Florida. It was built by Byron Ellinor and his brother Merrill in Ormond Beach, Florida, and opened on May 1, 1949.
Ellinor Village featured 660 apartments and cottages (duplexes, single-family, and triplexes). It also had its own shopping center, swimming pool, tennis courts, golf course, and many other activities for children and adults.
Ellinor Village had "restricted clientele" and did not allow Jews or Blacks (this was during the days of Jim Crow racial segregation).
It was the host for several Mrs. America contests.
In the late 1950s, Ellinor Village was sold to Milton Pepper.
In the late 1970s, Ellinor Village was sold again, and was repurposed into a housing development. Some of the original duplex, single-family, and triplex structures have been remodeled and still stand today.